Risk assessment and improvement of internal control systems
In the course of doing business, the task of the head is to use every opportunity to promote and develop the company, taking into account all insignificant threats, that may seem unessential at first glance, but can negatively affect the further fate of the business. At the same time, it is necessary to be sure that all the company’s assets are protected, that there is no possibility of their unauthorized sale or use, that any operations in the company are agreed with the management, they are correctly reflected in the course of preparing financial and management reports so that managers or owners of companies received adequate information. However, for various reasons, managers are not always able to identify some of the negative aspects of doing business that carry the risk of a decline in the company’s performance in the future. As the size of the enterprise grows, it becomes difficult to understand all aspects of the company’s activities, at the same time they may not notice the risks of potential fraud and mistakes.
To combat this problem, EBS offers a service of risk assessment and implementation of an internal control system in the company, which is aimed at providing owners or managers of companies with an objective independent assessment of the state of the internal control system, the main risks of the company’s activities and the reaction to their emergence or systematization. Internal control is a mechanism by which the owners, the board of directors, and the executive management of a company can be to some extent confident that the company will achieve its goals in the most optimal way. The purpose of internal control is to ensure timely identification and analysis of risks, reliability of financial and management information, integrity and safety of assets, compliance with legislation and internal policies and procedures, implementation of financial and business plans, efficient use of resources. Financial control, including control over the completeness and accuracy of accounting records and financial statements, is an important element of internal control.
The analysis of the internal control system is carried out through understanding the organization and implementation of the main business processes of the company, accounting of the company, organizational structure and management system, internal control, financial reporting and workflow of the company. Identifying risks, assessing their importance and their impact on the company’s activities are carried out by analyzing the control methods that the company uses at the time of the assessment, and how the applied control minimizes risks. For the company’s management, EBS consultants prepare a detailed report and develop recommendations for building and optimizing the internal control system. In the course of work, they use tools such as questioning and interviewing the personnel, studying the situation on the ground and studying the documentation.
KEY STAGES OF WORK
• Definition and detailed study of the company’s key business processes in order to identify risks
• Identification of internal and external risks of the company and the sources of their occurrence
• Identification of risks associated with management information
• Assessment of the likelihood and relative importance of each risk
• Assessment of management and control of the main business processes of the company
• Determination of the level of efficiency of the organization and functioning of the internal control system
• Development of specific proposals and recommendations to improve each of the existing risks
• Provision of services for the implementation of recommendations
• Improving the methods of management and preservation of assets, by eliminating abuse
• Improving the efficiency of using company’s resources (time, money, people, goods and materials)
• Ensuring the integrity and security of the information system and ensuring the adequacy of management reporting systems, which allows to make more balanced and correct strategic decisions
• Providing conditions for the preparation of reliable financial activities of the company for its owners
Assessing and analyzing the risks of a project requires serious concentration, as well as the ability to anticipate not only the occurrence of certain hazards in the course of the company’s activities, but also their likely consequences. It is also important to plan possible solutions to the problem. If you are not sure if you can do this, contact EBS.
Leave your contacts!